Homeowner Tips For Selling your home in Newport Beach and Orange County.
Some tips for the exterior include:
- Keep grass and shrubs trimmed.
- Repair fencing and repaint if needed.
- Place blooming flowers on the patio or near the front door.
- Check condition of the finish on the front door and trim. Redo if peeling or worn.
- Place lawn furniture attractively.
- Make any roof repairs that may be necessary.
- If there are outdoor pets, make sure pet area is clean and neat.
Some tips for the home interior include:
- Keep the home neat and "picked up."
- Be sure floors, bathrooms, kitchen and appliances sparkle.
- Be careful about cooking "aromas" - avoid vinegar and fried food smells; but blueberry muffins, home-baked bread or chocolate chip cookies can create the right atmosphere.
- Repair leaky kitchen or bathroom faucets.
- Clean carpets.
- Make sure rooms are well lit - either through natural lighting or higher watt light bulbs.
- De-clutter closets.
- Remove excess furniture to make rooms look bigger.
- Straighten and de-clutter the garage and basement. Move items to storage if necessary.